Yummy new CPU/GPU combo

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Tue Jun 3 16:54:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:54:20 -0400 "Kevin Dean" <kevin at foreverdean.info> babbled:

> With Nouveau, wouldn't it give a future device video performance that
> equals or surpasses the current XGlamo?

who says that the chip even resembles the desktop ones in terms of how it can
be driven? just because it bears the same brandname does not mean it has the
same register api etc. etc. :) not to mention that the hardware specs as such
are not open - nor even available under nda for the purpose of writing open
drivers - which leaves the long painful road of reverse engineering and taking
what you can get - if/when you can get it... if ever... :)

again - without the details and specs it's all speculation... and without
them... it's not open :)