Illume / ASU on GTA01 - Video

thomasg thomas at
Thu Jun 5 01:38:03 CEST 2008

Hi list,

there are still many people who don't know about ASU, and about the change
in the Openmoko distribution - and there are not many videos, too.
So I decided to do a small video to show what it looks like, what it behaves
like and some of the next-generation apps.

I took my Neo (still gta01), flashed one of the qtopia-x11 images[1] (that's
what ASU is at moment!) and played around.
It's far away from being complete, it's not perfect and it surely doesn't
show what will come, but I hope it will show you what the softwareguys at
openmoko are working on and what the future will look alike.
Here it is: (16 MB,
~3.5 min)
I hope you don't mind getting no crappy flashvideo this time, but a 500 kbps
h264 with vorbis sound.
Feel free to download, share, and whatever you want.

P.S. Excuse my bad english, I'm not a native speaker :(