GPS <--> AGPS

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 6 06:46:17 CEST 2008

Am Fr  6. Juni 2008 schrieb Flyin_bbb8:
> just wanted to add, Differential GPS is mainly for aircraft GPS systems to
> get better guidance on the ILS (Instrument Landing System).

Aaaaha, I seen it being used for all sorts of archeology and buildings
construction purposes.
And from the info in the uBlox-paper, regarding the protocol options it
doesn't seem to me like there is much chance for better precision by the way
they do A-GPS.
Better precision would mean info on meteorological interference (like exact
amount clouds on the way to sat) at the very location of the receiver. To get
this, you need... a reference receiver, so we are at D-GPS again.

/j