QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Justyn Butler justynbutler+openmoko at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:11:32 CEST 2008

All of the geeks that I have shown my GTA01 to have been in awe of
it's high-res VGA screen.
Whatever direction OpenMoko wants to go in, I'm sure geeks will always
be a large part of their target demographic.

To touch on Gabriel's comment, WVGA would be the same resolution as
the Nokia N800 series but in a more compact screen.
With that resolution perhaps the GTA03 would start tapping into other
unexpected markets - for example some of the people who like the
internet tablets and also eee-PC type devices. It would contribute to
an incredible portable web-browsing experience (which is what those
other devices are designed for, and why they sell) but in the GTA03 it
would be built into your phone (which makes it the most portable of
all).

Justyn.