QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Fri Jun 6 18:29:16 CEST 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008 13:15:10 Tom Cooksey wrote:
> binary blob driver. Who knows, maybe samsung will even let you write an
> open source driver? (Don't think the s3c6410's 3D core is a PowerVR, seems
> to be something different?)

I doubt it; IIRC they just removed a lot of specs from their site  a few
months ago. So they are going towards more CLOSED if anything.

Agreed on the CPU being too slow. I would like to see something a lot closer
to what Pandora is doing (except for the stupid form factor) for GTA04, IOW
WVGA driven by a OMAP34XX or possibly MSM7201A.