Yummy new CPU/GPU combo

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Sat Jun 7 10:51:37 CEST 2008

    0n Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 12:46:57PM +1000, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

    >On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:20:44 -0400 (EDT) Ken Young <rtm at cfa.harvard.edu> babbled:
    >
    >> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
    >>
    >> > quick question - would you prefer a qvga lcd (save a bit of cost)
    >> > since we'e going to need to software-drive all graphics - the fewer
    >> > pixels you have to fill, the better for speed. i'm really tossing up if
    >> > the speed of qvga is worth the loss of resolution. i'm just not sure.
    >>
    >> Please, please, please, please, please don't drop to a QVGA LCD on
    >> future OM phones.   The beautiful full VGA screens on the neo and
    >> Freerunner are just about the only piece of hardware they have which
    >> is better than what you find on a typical smart phone.
    >
    >you haven't been to japan lately. a whole host of their phones are 834x480...
    >in 3.2" screens! totally nuts!

Raster, got a link to any pictures of these magic phones ?

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.