QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Jun 7 18:12:41 CEST 2008

On 7 Jun 2008, at 04:10, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
>> I haven't posted on this topic before because I'm not able to
>> personally compare VGA & QVGA 2" phone screens.
>>
>> However my eyesight is also better than 20/20, and display quality is
>> generally quite visible to me.
>>
>> ... Since you have 20/20 eyesight and can view tiny fonts at
>> high resolutions I'm inclined to believe that a VGA screen will, for
>> me, be better for displaying webpages & PDFs - I'll be able to fit
>> more on the screen and my eyesight will allow me to read the smaller
>> text.
> it will be better - of course. what' i'm baffled about is why all
> of a sudden
> here a lot of "excellent vision gifted" people turn up, whereas in
> real life i
> never see them... :)

I have to admit that I should have said "my *corrected* eyesight is
also better than 20/20" to be perfectly truthful, but I do wear my
glasses at all waking hours.

I do need to get a new prescription at the moment, as it's been 3 or
5 years since my last one and I have noticed degradation in the last
few months. My eye tests have, however, been consistent over the last
15 years - only slightly stronger glasses needed each time, and those
have always given me better than 20/20 sight - and I'm still very
aware of VDU quality.

Stroller.