QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Sun Jun 8 02:12:36 CEST 2008

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 09:06:16 +0300 Flyin_bbb8 <flyin.bbb8 at gmail.com> babbled:

actually - no. most linux developers and users i know need contacts/glasses and
they can never read my screen and complain about my fonts being so small all
the time (not that i will ever change. i love my small fonts!), but i ma going
off anecdotal evidence over many years of me being one of a very small minority
who can read and use such a high dpi with small fonts. i am bemused by so many
vocal people here claiming to me what seems to be the reverse of my experience
over many years - as well as going directly against actual product specs - eg,
iphone dpi is very much lower than the neo, but a large margin, but users rave
how nice it is.

but there is definitely a "i want as insane a dpi as i can get" group here.
this is for sure. the question is - is it really the majority of users. :)