QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Steven Kurylo sk at infinitepigeons.org
Sun Jun 8 04:31:23 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 5:12 PM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<raster at openmoko.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 09:06:16 +0300 Flyin_bbb8 <flyin.bbb8 at gmail.com> babbled:
>
> actually - no. most linux developers and users i know need contacts/glasses and
> they can never read my screen and complain about my fonts being so small all
> the time (not that i will ever change. i love my small fonts!), but i ma going
> off anecdotal evidence over many years of me being one of a very small minority
> who can read and use such a high dpi with small fonts. i am bemused by so many
> vocal people here claiming to me what seems to be the reverse of my experience
> over many years - as well as going directly against actual product specs - eg,
> iphone dpi is very much lower than the neo, but a large margin, but users rave
> how nice it is.

Without being able to see them side by side I'm always going to want
the higher spec.

I have my blackberry 7130g set to the smallest font size available and
wish it could go smaller.  I think the screen is 240 x 260, 2.4".
However most other people have trouble reading my bb, so I'm willing
to say I'm in the minority.