QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 9 02:56:22 CEST 2008

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:58:15 +0200 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at computer.org>
babbled:

> > we could just not ever even ask you guys and you get what you are
> > given. too
> > bad. no input at all. i've opened up the floor for input - but i'm
> > trying to
> > dig specific things out of it - not things that smell of"i just want
> > higher
> > specs". or keeping up with the joneses. i want real use case
> > scenarios that
> > make real sense. :)
>
> This discussion starts to become quite boring. Isn't a single
> potential customer who says
> "I want it and I am willing to pay for it" enough? There have been
> several here on this list,
> if I remember correctly who expressed exactly that.

no. it is absolutely not enough. why? i am asked by product management to do
things that are just not possible in vga (to do sanely/fast). they come first.
you users come second. in the end if product management want X they get X. and
if for X to happen we go QVGA, then so be it. you guys lose. i need a very very
very strong argument against going to qvga - and that means product management
need to drop a feature.

> BTW: a use case doesn't say anything about required quality. It
> describes a sequence of interactions
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case). Sorry, but I can't disclaim
> my academic history :)

i asked for use case because i am not just talking quality. i am talking a case
where vga makes something possible at all or not. where something just wouldn't
be usable or possible without vga. that is what i asked. i want a use case for
vga. not just a "it looks a bit nicer".