Yummy new CPU/GPU combo

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 9 03:00:12 CEST 2008

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 22:26:16 +0200 Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch>
babbled:

> On Sunday 08 June 2008 14:23:29 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > 500k+ are the order sizes. often in multi-millions. that is what they
> > "start" dealing with. it's like going to cost-co who sell beer by the case
> > and going "but we only want 1 bottle!" (sorry - buy the case, or go
> > somewhere else). :)
>
> So there are half a million Pandora consoles in the making right now?

i have no idea. ask them. if you want to source the newest or best components -
you buy in large orders. those also get the better/best prices. others may or
may not find components in smaller quantities later in the product cycle (eg if
chip came out last week - no chance to get it unless you buy 500k+. if you want
12 months, they may sell in smaller batches).