comparing Apples and Oranges $199 iPhone Freerunner GTA02

Kalle Happonen kalle.happonen at iki.fi
Tue Jun 10 09:47:13 CEST 2008

Hello,
I won't coment on the techical specs, but the pricing is in no way
comparable. The iPhone v2 might be 199$, but that's with a 2 year AT&T
subscription. If you want a real comparison of the real device price, at
least double the iPhone price. There was some country where Apple had to
sell the original iPhone separately too because of the law (france?
gremany?), and then it was priced 799€ or thereabouts iirc. So to
compare the actual phone price, I think iPhone is even more expensive.

Cheers,
Kalle