QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Jun 10 10:25:37 CEST 2008

>  i've fairly amazed at the number of people
> saying their eyesight is so good as it is in stark contrast to my
> experience over the years, but ok - i'll take it for what it is. i
> didn't know how many people really could see the difference AND make use
> of it. i'm surprised.

well, i think there's a relation between the screensize the neo offers and
the people interested to buy.
means: if those people, count me in, look for a smartphone/pda they look
for big resolution to show tiny details and put as much information as
possible on the screen.
i use a treo650 for years now and a 270 before and am always annoyed by
the lack of resolution forcing me to use rather big fonts because no small
fonts exist (the would be nothing but a blur).

so, what i say is, people with that good eyesight may be a small part of
the crowd, but the crowd around the openmoko (especially if the like open
and free ;-).