comparing Apples and Oranges $199 iPhone Freerunner GTA02

Federico Lorenzi florenzi at
Tue Jun 10 15:14:31 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Lally Singh <lally.singh at> wrote:
> <comment related-to-parent-poster="no">
> Sheesh, what's with all the hate?  I swear the open source community
> should sometimes just be called "the hater's club."

This page [1] is generally a good overview of the iPhone. Lets be
serious for a second, a new feature was advertised, the ability to
jump to a contact by typing in the first few letters of the name. My
Motorola E398 from 5 years ago could do that. For sure the iPhone is
not a terrible product, but there is absolutely nothing revolutionary
about it. If any other manufacture had made it, identically, it would
probably be a moderate success. In my opinion all the hate is caused
by the majority of people in the open source community recognize the
fact that the iPhone is no miracle phone, even though it's being
treated as such. But I'm just speaking for myself.
</napalm flamethrower></offtopic>