QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Piotr Duda openmoko at nemezis.eu
Tue Jun 10 18:14:41 CEST 2008

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) pisze:
[...]

> maybe it just needs people to actually use it for a while and they might begin
> to see that a lower res screen may just be fine and not as bad as they think.
> the things you want to do are possible at lower resolutions.

well, as for now I have only 15 minutes experience with QVGA, and I have
already get used to my beautiful gta01 screen, so the result of this quick
comparison is very easy to predict...

I have a question for people who are digital photography enthusiasts
(personally I prefer old/traditional/dying photography so I can not tell
myself)...
The neo screen, has almost 300dpi and AFAIK most photolabs are printing
photos in 300dpi. Could it be useful for you guys, for some kind of preview?
One can scale the photo to some target size and check some, most interesting
parts of this photo on neo screen as it would be almost as good as on
resulting print. I think one can see that this part is not sharp enough and
this detail is not big enough and so on... Is it realistic use case or am
I only in love with this resolution and desperately looking for arguments :)

I think most digital cameras have no such good resolutions on their LCDs
(but again, Im not up to date) with the exception of course of some very
high-end SLR cameras. With some big SD cart, neo could be even used as
some lifesaving photobank (I know - usb1.1, but if qvga _can_ be usable
with tiny font, the same aplies here ;D )...

Piotr