regarding the 'data security' thread recently

ian douglas id at w98.us
Tue Jun 10 20:33:41 CEST 2008

Ilja O. wrote:
>> Why not just have the phone wipe itself when the SIM card changes?
>
> That's what i was proposing from the beginning.

But for users like me with multiple valid SIM cards, I think being able
to run a script/app on the phone that says "this SIM is valid, don't do
a wipe" would be necessary -- keep a 'catalog' of allowed SIM's.

If an unknown SIM is inserted, send an Email to some central location
with the phone number of the SIM that IS inserted, so you now have the
phone number for which to send the 'wipe' SMS message.

Just my $0.02.

-id