Free Runner price vs iphone 3G price

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Wed Jun 11 00:21:39 CEST 2008

Robert Taylor wrote:
> Please, compare equal things.
> Why are you posting nonsense here?

Rob, I'm not the one who posted the original article, and I take offense
to you saying that my thoughts are 'nonsense' -- that sort of attitude
isn't helpful to anybody.

In another, you said:
 > The iPhone is AT LEAST twice as expensive as the Moko.

We're not talking about what's subsidized and what's not. We're
comparing "how much money have I paid out of my pocket after two years"
to compare a 2-year contract requirement versus owning a Freerunner.

While I'm not trying to encourage any bitter feelings whatsoever, I'm
curious how you calculated the iPhone costs twice as much as the
Freerunner when you look at the bottom line of how many dollars you've
spent after two years. Please elaborate on your calculations.

-id