No 3G for GTA03, 2G/EDGE only?

Mo Abrahams moabrahams at dashavoo.com
Wed Jun 11 00:46:44 CEST 2008

I think he might have been confusing EDGE with HSDPA, which can compete
with broadband speeds (and is marketed by some as mobile broadband)

For me the lack of 3G is a sticking point. Having just taken out a
contract with 3 (best price plan and good coverage for where I am about
to move), and absolutely loving the advantages that 3G brings, I am
wondering whether I can bear to go back to an inferior technology. I am
all for openness, my computers all run linux, my nintendo DS runs linux,
I will probably install it on a partition of my brain when the
technology arises, but there is a line at which I say "I am paying for
something here JUST because it is open, I already have something with
more of the features that are important to me". At the moment I am still
strongly tempted to get a GTA02 although it would be more like a PDA to
me than a phone since I wouldn't use my SIM in it, but if there was a
model with 3G I would definitely be getting, and phoning with, it.

Mo.