QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 11 01:07:40 CEST 2008

Am Di  10. Juni 2008 schrieb Carsten Haitzler:
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:16:06 +0800 "Wilkinson, Alex"
> <alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au> babbled:
>
> >     0n Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 01:43:08PM +0800, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> >
> >     >we are in a world where to get gfx support to run such high
resolutions
> >     >means we need to have closed drivers. and that is not
> >
> > Curious, why is that ?
>
> graphics is the most intensive thing your device is likely to do in terms of
> processing. if you want soft drop shadows, alpha blending (and trust me -
> everyone is drooling for it out there - the iphone is doing it already) the

No, I won't trust you here! I give a SH*T on soft shadows, even on my desktop.
I switch off animation because I think it's annoying waste of time to
see "the same movie" over and over. Alpha blending? Eeew! Useless.

Every single argument been mentioned multiple times here. Redundance.
GTA03 has VGA - period!
04 even better i'd bet on it. 05 virtually no-one even thinking of now, not to
mention sourceability of parts when it's coming to real.

And now I'm definitely stopping to feed this tro.. er, thread, which btw seems
nobody is looking on the weird subject any more :-/
ETX
jOERG