comparing Apples and Oranges $199 iPhone Freerunner GTA02

Lowell Higley higleylh at
Wed Jun 11 01:21:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at>

> i remember reading somewhere that the iphone's os can't run multiple
> applications at once - sorry no source for this. did i get this right,
> if i did, that's a major bonus to om/freerunner?
It's not that it "can't"... If I recall correctly, Apple made the decision
to have only one app running at a time (ie "kill game" should the phone
ring) in order to conserve battery.  That was a discussion I had almost a
year ago over several pints of ale... so my recollection may be off.