QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 - product management, features & assumptions

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 11 02:06:10 CEST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:15:53 -0400 "Steven Milburn" <steven.milburn at gmail.com>
babbled:

fyi - that animation of the window popping open and then the pause until it
fills - is the application starting up. that is used to "cover up" the fact it
takes 1 or 2 or 3 seconds to start. on the freerunner you just sit and wait
with nothing but a little ticking clock thing - on the iphone you do the same
thing - just a zoom out and display a "screenshot" in the meantime is used.

so as such - the blame should really be apportioned to the kernel and
application space for not being able to start "instantly" :) not to the
animation which is just keeping you amused while you wait anyway (better some
feedback than none while starting). :) also note - that zoom is done by the
graphics accelerator almost entirely, which is idle while a process starts, so
it's unused resources. :)