QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 11 02:59:14 CEST 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:44:09 +0200 "Flemming Richter Mikkelsen"
<quatrox at gmail.com> babbled:

> > 3" 480x272. it's thinner than the current vga 2.8" by a fair bit and a tiny
> > bit longer (as it is wide). it seems almost the perfect screen for a
> > smaller/slimmer model like gta04/05 etc. same # of pixels as the PSP screen,
> > but in a much smaller space.
> Nice! So the phones will be smaller:)

no idea. it is just something i have seen and thought was nice. i also saw a
432x240 3" screen - exact same dimensions. it's used in several japanese
phones. that is what first got me onto the widescreen wqvga trail. but nothing
has been even closely decided there. it's all looking around.

if the vocal group here are to be accounted for going to these screens would be
utterly bad and we should accept nothing less than vga so wvga (800x480) is the
only way up into the future.

ouch. poor cpu.