QVGA V/s VGA for GTA03 (was something about yummy CPU-GPU combos!)

Hugo Mills hugo-om at carfax.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 13:07:42 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 07:57:13AM +0800, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> the day the design mockups for the ui i see stop having alpha
> transparency is the day i make this unimportant. until that day,
> your "i don't care about this" is the kind of opinion that i also am
> not interested in, because i am being shown ui designs hat REQUIRE
> it in the long run between windows, and in the short term is being
> faked with software within windows. i am just trying to make
> something possible that is being requested, and has been for a long
> time.  not just say "i don't care".

   So how do we go about persuading _those_ people that such
high-effort, low-return UI designs are a bad thing? Who should be in
this particular conversation, so that we don't put you in the position
of fending off people on both sides?

   (When I speak of "low return", I mean low return in terms of
usability -- you don't make user interfaces more usable by adding more
transparency, more rounded corners, and drop shadows, particularly on
restricted-size interfaces.)

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
       --- There's many a slip 'twixt wicket-keeper and gully. ---