Free Runner price vs Meizu M8 price

Peter Nijs peter at
Wed Jun 11 14:16:21 CEST 2008

U also have to know that "running linux" doesn't mean it's open. Some Telenet
digiboxes (The onlything in Belgium that can receive the encrypted DBV-C) run
Linux, but they are the most closed devices I've ever seen, and they also
fail in what they are designed to do. I assume they where designed to receive
DVB-C and not to empty peoples pockets, as how Telenet actually uses them.
But that's another story.

 I don't know what the situation is with these iRivers and Meizus. A device
doesn't get my attention by running Linux. It gets my attention by being