Dual SIM?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Jun 11 22:07:17 CEST 2008

Am Mi  11. Juni 2008 schrieb Adilson Oliveira:
> Hi.
>
> I'm quite sure the answer is "no" but as I didn't find any definitive
> answer for that I decided to ask: does the openmoko hardware support 2
> SIM cards?

No. ;-)

It's a pity, but the GSM-module won't support that - none will. And anything
less than true *concurrent* usage - like "electrical swappers" where you can
select which SIM to "boot" to, is just crap not worth designing for. Well we
could implement two modules XD .
Obvious case of "it's not that free as we would like it". Otherwise we could
have hacked the GSM-firmware. Can't be that hard, simple periodic context
switching.
/jOERG