No 3G for GTA03, 2G/EDGE only?

Nkoli coomac at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 01:32:05 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM, thomasg <thomas at gstaedtner.net> wrote:

> That's (partly) true.
> Nokias Symbian S60 and their S40 phones need to reboot - but that's only a
> software problem and I don't really know why they do that.

That is interesting. I've owned only nokia S60 devices since 2006 and have
never had to restart a phone to switch between 2, 2.5 and 3G. I can speak
for S60 v3, S60 v3 FP1 and FP2 - can't speak for any nokias before that
since my S60 v2 device was not a nokia. Also, all phones that support 3G get
significantly less battery life on 3G whether the signal is at full strength
or not (much worse in the latter case). It was my understanding that the 3G
radio used more power, but I may be wrong.

As a tmobile USA (non New York) user, 3G can wait till 2009 for all I care,
but EDGE is definitely a necessity. Since the rest of the world will have
been using 3G for 2-5 years by the time GTA03 is released, not having 3G in
that device will be a really bad idea. Forget the camera, unless it is at
least 3.2 MP with xenon or dual led flash.