Click Feedback?

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Thu Jun 12 14:45:38 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org> writes:

> While JACK is pretty cool, it doesn't cut it on embedded systems
> since there is no hardware sound accelleration whatsoever.

I don't understand what you mean. JACK has nothing whatsoever to do
with hardware sound acceleration.

> On a system like ours, JACK would just introduce latency, as in the
> end it goes over ALSA as well

That would be an extremely negligible latency and it would give us
real time dropout less audio on the device, which is pretty crucial on
such a thing as a phone. You really want dropouts in the audio when
you use your system during a call?.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m