problem removing big clock from screen

Andy Powell openmoko at
Thu Jun 12 12:34:33 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 16:47, rakshat hooja wrote:
> When I try the instructions in the wiki i get the following error
> # gconftool-2 --type string --set /desktop/poky/interface/wallpaper
> /usr/share/pixmaps/wallpaper.png
> (gconftool-2:1366): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the
> D-BUS daemon:
> Failed to execute dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session
> Error setting value: No D-BUS daemon running
> I am running the april 30th rootfs on the GTA01
> Please advise correct command
> Rakshat

You need to dbus-launch it.

dbus-launch  gconftool-2 --type string --set /desktop/poky/interface/wallpaper

If you use one of my images from
there's a little app/script to change this and other things (clock,
wallpaper,  theme etc)

btw, the command you are using is for changing the wallpaper not the clock..

Andy / ScaredyCat