Why not use forum?

Vinc Duran uberpfloyd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 04:47:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 7:46 PM, <wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com> wrote:

> On Friday 13 June 2008 00:55:34 arne anka wrote:
> > > No, thanks. If I have to check a particular webpage, or even many of
> > > them,
> > > periodically to see if someone wrote something new, I'll give up
> quickly.
> >
> > well, i've seen a forum recently which propagates new entries through rss
> > feeds. thus, it works pretty much like a mailing list -- but. of course
> > you still have to log in to post a reply/new message ...
>
> Still this is not the same as you need to start an rss program to trace the
> rss whereas my email is always open.  Also i do not know if rss has thread
> processing ?
>
> CU

I have a love/hate relationship with gmail and lists. I like that I don't
have to keep all the messages on my own machine but can still search
quickly. I really like the - Show quoted text - feature! I wish I could
configure it for this list to put my reply at the bottom for the "bottom
readers". And it's getting very annoying that gmail *used* to keep
conversations neat but has recently lost its tiny little mind and I now have
lots of seperate conversations that should all be fewer.
So, when we all have our cool FreeRunners do you think we'll still be
wasting time discussing the merits of things that aren't really a big deal?
:-)