When it will be possible to buy OpenMoko?

Peter J. Holzer hjp at hjp.at
Sun Jun 15 13:06:40 CEST 2008

On 2008-06-15 10:57:22 +0200, Michele Renda wrote:
> I am a OMmer but I can help you because I studied a bit the cost to sell
> the OM in Europe.
>
> 399 $ is the price of FR in US.
>
> We can image that EU reseller can buy FR in 10 pack, so 369 $ for unit
> (I don't know how much tehy pay, It is a supposition done to help calc)
>
> 369 $ => 240 Euro

Note that this amount contains the cost of shipping to the US, US
customs, and the margin for the US seller.

[extra costs are more than 60 Euro]

> Pulster say that is able to sell FR at 299 Euro. I think they are magician!

I imagine that Pulster won't import 10-packs from the US. They will
probably order larger quantities directly in China, so instead of paying
for shipping to the US, paying US customs, then shipping to Europe and
paying European customs, they only have to pay for shipping to Europe
and pay European customs. So that makes it quite a bit cheaper already.
And the bigger quantities should help too. Even if they import from the
US, I'm sure they get a much better price for 100 10-packs than we get
for a single 10-pack.

> In every case I think is a good price.

Yep.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | It took a genius to create [TeX],
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | and it takes a genius to maintain it.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |	-- David Kastrup in comp.text.tex