Why not use foru

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Jun 15 21:28:08 CEST 2008

On 15 Jun 2008, at 15:15, Shawn wrote:

>> There is no need to delete email when you use IMAP; email doesn't
>> use that much space, and, unless you use a terrible client,
>> nothing will slow down from having mail going back forever.
>
> Tell that to the IT department at work. They've recently lowered
> our email storage limits on the M$ exchange servers.

What part of "unless you use terrible [software]" don't you understand?

;)

Exchange stores large numbers of messages in a single binary file (I
think the *whole* message store for the server, or the whole message
store for each user). So one can easily imagine performance
constraints would exist reading messages into memory which would not
bother a proper IMAP server loading a single text file from disk.

Stroller.