speech -> text on FR?

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Jun 16 03:37:26 CEST 2008

su, 2008-06-15 kello 16:07 -0700, Ajit Natarajan kirjoitti:
> I see a speech project on the OM projects page.  To me, it seems like
> the project is attempting command recognition, e.g., voice dialing.

Feasible especially if the user trains the command words in advance.
(Didn't check if it does that; it is doable to some extent otherwise too
but the difficulty rises markedly...)

> However, it would be great if the FR can function as a rudimentary
> dictation machine, i.e., allow the user to speak and convert to text.

A pipe dream. Save your dictations as audio and postprocess them
elsewhere.

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>