delay in recieving mails

Peter J. Holzer hjp at
Mon Jun 16 12:19:45 CEST 2008

On 2008-06-15 23:26:56 +0200, arne anka wrote:
> i get every mail more or less 2h after it is sent (polling the account ist
> set to 15min), though the archive
> (
> displays them much earlier.

Looks like most of the people with long delays (me too, btw) subscribed
only recently.

There are 1651 non-digested addresses subscribed to the list. I don't
know the setup of the mail server, but if it tries to deliver to these
addresses serially it is quite likely that it takes 2 hours to go through
the whole list, especially if some of them are unreachable.

So maybe the postmaster should do some tweaking.

   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | It took a genius to create [TeX],
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | and it takes a genius to maintain it.
| |   | hjp at         | That's not engineering, that's art.
__/   | |	-- David Kastrup in comp.text.tex