Anyone working on a cron port?

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at
Mon Jun 16 13:35:22 CEST 2008

Also spracht Joerg Reisenweber (Sun, 15 Jun 2008 18:44:20 +0200):

> Am So  15. Juni 2008 schrieb arne anka:
>> anacron
> see:
> #Drawbacks Also anacron doesn't
> address the rtcwake topic. We should plan for something more versatile
> that's merging cron(/anacron), at/batch, rtcwake, and the other
> powermanagement and wake-from-suspend reasons to make a nice cute
> task-scheduler

Not *all* of those tools, but:

lalo:~> gaze what fcron                                      19:31 ada
Fcron is a periodical command scheduler which aims at replacing vixie
cron, so it implements most of its functionality. It does not assume
that your system is running either all the time or regularly: you can,
for instance, tell fcron to execute tasks every x hours y minutes of
system uptime or to do a job only once in a specified interval of time.
You can also set a nice value to a job, run it depending on the system
load average, and much more.
lalo:~> gaze website fcron                                   19:31 ada

                                               Lalo Martins
GNU: never give up freedom