handwriting recognition?

Msquared announce.lists.openmoko at msquared.id.au
Tue Jun 17 08:23:39 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 10:29:17AM +0200, arne anka wrote:

> i liked palm's old graffiti very much (the new graffiti 2 is crap) and
> would like to be able to use a similar approach on my freerunner, too.

I agree.  Single-stroke-per-character has advantages, I feel, in
reliability and in lookups and other applications where each stroke
counts.  I had problems in the phone lookup interface sometimes with
Graffiti 2 - I really think they took a step backwards.

Does anyone know who owns the IP on Graffiti?  I tried to hunt it down
because I personally would like to see Graffiti on my Freerunner when I
get it, since there is no hardware keyboard.  (I will miss my Treo 650's
hw kb, but not the unfixable OS bugs!)

Regards, Msquared...