Possible Camera

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 15:48:16 CEST 2008

> just expressing my interest in this thread.
Replying for the same reason.

I was comparing the phone with the PCB,
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:Menu9.jpg with
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:Gta02a5_pcba_cs.JPG ,
and it seems that there is quite "not a lot" of space left.

The site got a link to such a nice datasheet (http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/Imaging/TCM8240MD.pdf); it seems not up to date though: the last page (30) states:
"Reference Drawing
Module shape is not finalized yet in detail. Following drawings are only reference for initial study. "

The properties say it is a document from somewhere in 2004, so you'd say we're on the safe side then. The numbers are not so easy to read, do you also read the total height of the module is 7 mm?

Anyway, it seems interesting.

Boudewijn