Fwd: [ ~102731 ] voice driver

Hugo Mills hugo-om at carfax.org.uk
Fri Jun 20 10:45:05 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:15:01AM +1000, Matt Flax wrote:
> HI there,
>
> Just letting you all know that it seems the idea of using a pci express
> voice modem with the openmoko software will be limited by the manufacturers.
> They appear to not be interested in supporting communities of users but
> rather individual business clients ...
>
> I quote them : "----openmoko.org can contact us directly if they wish to
> work with us."

   So:

 - Put a page on the Openmoko wiki about your project

 - "Hello, remember me? I'm from the <X> project at openmoko.org, and
   we're trying to set up official support for your hardware on this
   platform."

   At the very least, you should get out of them a list of
requirements that they need in order for you to work with them (NDA,
money, incorporation, single point of contact...)

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
        --- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 2: Common Sense ---