Convert Freerunner CAD Files - IGES or STEP?

Christmann, Hans C hcc at
Fri Jun 20 22:49:21 CEST 2008

Hi List,

I just recently got interested in the Neo Freerunner and am (I guess as
everybody here...) very excited to get my hands on a copy of it...

Since I was planning on not necessarily utilzing the Freerunner as a
phone, I am messing around with the CAD files which are available on the
openmoko website. I found some emails related to the files but was not
sure, if anybody already did this, so here is the question again:

I have access to Pro/E and am willing to convert the Wildfire 3 files into
something else. What do you prefer? IGES (Wireframe or Solid?), or STEP
(Wireframe or Solid?)?

I will check this thread again Monday and then decide on which way to

Thanks for your feedback.

Claus Christmann
Graduate Research Assistant

Georgia Institute of Technology