Ordering Free-for-all?

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 03:03:23 CEST 2008

I'm a little curious about how the ordering process is going to work, come the
first week of July (fingers crossed) when the Freerunner GTA02 hits the
distro centers in the US and Europe.
  Is this going to be like buying Hannah Montanna tickets, where the entire
supply evaporates within the first two minutes of the site coming on-line?
Is there any kind of pre-ordering list that people who have been lurking
around the mailing list since last June can get on, to avoid the throngs that
will suddenly be interested as soon as Slashdot announces the Freerunner is
available for mass-purchase?  Just how many of the little beasties are
actually going to be available in the fist shipment from China?
  I'm all for free-markets, but I've also deferred presents for two fathers
days, a birthday, and Christmas  waiting for the GTA02, and I'd hate to get
trampled in the mad rush on "opening day" and wind up having to wait for
shipment two, or three from China.

-jmg