Patent threat to OpenMoko devices?

Gora Mohanty gora at
Tue Jun 24 16:04:34 CEST 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:12:36 +0200
Daniel Mewes <danielmewes at> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Typhoon Touch Technologies has initiated legal measures against
> different companies with reasonings including - but not limited to -
> producing touch screen driven smartphones, as far as I understand it.
> Those devices are claimed to infringe two patents.

Not to distract from the potential threat of the situation (though, even
that is over-rated, as even the US Supreme Court seems to have woken up
to the issues with patents), but, wow, two, count them, *two*, patents
that by my count differ in wording by exactly one comma, two hyphens, and
replacing "utility" with "executor". I am going to start using these as
my example of how the US patent system, and by extension, WIPO, is out of