Vote! Zimbra Mobile on the Openmoko

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Jun 24 19:07:26 CEST 2008

> Sorry, nobody wants this on a smartphone.

the replies to the op suggest otherwise.
if everything zimbra wants is a sufficient number of votes and they do the
porting themselves -- why not? it broadens the number of available
applications and thus the choice.
and choice is a large part of what makes foos so appealing, imho ...

> And you have seen that they are talking about J2ME?

yes. why not? if they do ports for several platforms they hardly will do
it with every single language/toolkit any platform supports, but see to
minimizing the costs.
and btw: j2me will allow a lot of already existing applications to be
avalibale on the om as well ...
if you don't like it, don't use it. freedom of choice, see above.

ps: i am hardly going to use zimbra ever ...