FR using OpenStreetMaps

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at
Tue Jun 24 22:02:40 CEST 2008

2008/6/25 Francesco Cat <heartcollector87 at>:
> What will be the best way to take advantage of Open Street Maps?
> A Free phone can't be depending of closed-source data for maps (google
> or others) ;) So we must be able to use OSM! (as well as contributing
> the project!)

well, the short answer is is great - very easy to use,
stable and solid. available pre-compiled for lots of x86 linuxex and

the long answer is to check out the svn repo on the osm wiki, there
are several great examples there

my favourite at the moment is a local install of openlayers (the js
software used to produce the main map of osm), shown through a web

checkout pyroute as well, which is in the svn too