Vote! Zimbra Mobile on the Openmoko

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 01:06:01 CEST 2008

Hi Vinc,

Zimbra is a mail system that, for a long time, did not have a client
at all; it was all web based. Currently you are able to use exchange
clients (mobile phone sync apps for example) with Zimbra because the
Zimbra server emulates an exchange server when these clients connect.
We have Nokia users, for example, that use the included Exchange sync
tools to connect to our Zimbra mail server. As far as I'm aware it is
not possible to use the mobile Zimbra apps to sync with an exchange
server, although I will check with our email admin people to confirm.

In our usage we simply replaced Exchange with Zimbra.

I'm well aware that my original post might not be directly useful for
all members of the community. My main interest, however, lies in
expanding the Openmoko user base for the benefit of all users; the
amount of cool things we can do with the FreeRunner, especially before
it's actually released, will have a bearing on the amount of cool
stuff we can do in the future.

Cheers,

Joseph