FreeRunner Quick Start User Guide

Brian C brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jun 26 17:51:59 CEST 2008

BrendaWang wrote:
> Here is the getting start guide from wiki.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner

In the Flashing the Freerunner section it says, "You can use the USB
cable and Openmoko provided tool to flash Neo FreeRunner."

I'm curious about the use of the word "can".  Is it possible to flash
the Freerunner from the device itself, without using the USB cable
connected to another GNU/Linux host?

I suspect it's not, and that this section could clarify this by saying,

"To flash the Freerunner you must connect it via a USB cable to a host
that can run the Openmoko-provided flashing tool."

(And then I think it might also be true that the flashing tool is
currently only available for GNU/Linux.  Is that right?)

Brian