Slashdot post but no web store?

Alastair Johnson alastair at truebox.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 18:04:32 CEST 2008

Marcelo wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Kevin Dean <kevin at foreverdean.info> wrote:
>
>> From what I've heard, SOME distributors have been notified that
>> Freerunner devices are being shipped to those retailers. Retailers
>> need to have a product in stock in order to sell it on the day it is
>> released, that is what is happening now. The Freerunners are being
>> shipped to them.
>
> Which firmware has been loaded into those devices that have been
> shipped?  Can someone please provide an URL for downloads?  I'd be
> interested in looking at what a consumer will see when they power up
> their shiny new phone.

root at om-gta02:~# cat /etc/version
200804240820

This is what is on the devices we have received, and is not an ASU
image. It is very similar to Kevin's last recommended release reviewed
at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Snapshot_review/2008-04-21

Judging by the date in the filename I expect it's the image at:
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/releases/Freerunner/

Daily builds can be found under
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/