FreeRunner Quick Start User Guide

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Thu Jun 26 18:11:24 CEST 2008

> I'm curious about the use of the word "can".  Is it possible to flash
> the Freerunner from the device itself, without using the USB cable
> connected to another GNU/Linux host?

Yes, even under all NAND flash is empty/content distroyed. You could
still using boot from NOR function (a backup u-boot in NOR flash), and
using boot from SD card function into full system, then re-flashing NAND.

NOR also have 2 MB space, you might could port any thing into 2 MB space
and try another flashing way (bt/wi-fi/etc), if you got debug board. But
we never tried.

Tony Tu