Community Initiative GTK

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri Jun 27 17:30:40 CEST 2008

> although I'd have to learn to program TK (but learning a new plaform
> seems to be my forte lately...)

not sure, if you confuse something:
gtk!=tk
gtk is a c based toolkit used by gnome and gimp, tk ist a gui toolkit on
top of tcl.

> If all else fails, I'll get an older PC off of eBay (or Marktplaats
> for the dutch). A Linux capable 700MHz (ish) PC with a 16G harddrive

i think you are far better of with a pc with about 1.5 ghz and a bigger
harddisk.
developing requires a lot of additional packages which take up a lot of
space -- and a fast cpu is a real blessing when compiling often. besides,
i don't think the price will differ much ...