Community Initiative GTK

Steven Le Roux steven at
Fri Jun 27 19:42:22 CEST 2008

2008/6/27 Marcus Bauer <marcus.bauer at>:

> Hello,
> I'm wondering if there is any interest in maintaining the GTK software
> stack?
> Actually many companies have expressed their interest in a GTK based
> platform as it is perceived as more future proof than some kind of
> exotic software stack with a very small developer base.
> Marcus

You will still be able to develop what you want with GTK if you want... but
EFL are soooooooooo much beautiful ! (Hmm okay im an e17 user :) can one
feel it ? ;))

EFL are optimized libs slower hardware, more powerful than gtk, wich is just
a gui toolkit. EFL are so much more...

Steven Le Roux
Jabber-ID : Steven at
0x39494CCB <steven at>
2FF7 226B 552E 4709 03F0 6281 72D7 A010 3949 4CCB