Fast questions about GTA03

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:16:26 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 17:00 -0400, Yuval Levy wrote:

> my personal interest for the OpenMoko is as a device to display Virtual
> Reality (VR). That's a 3D application where a picture is mapped on a
> sphere or cube and rotated by the user. 3D-accelerated displays have a
> much higher frame per second (FPS) resulting in smoother viewing or
> faster panning.

the glamo chip is 3D but there is no driver on openmoko for using it.
due to the way it is connected to the cpu the glamo chip slows the
freerunner *down*. despite the faster cpu the freeruner is ~50% slower
than the 1973. the cpu is blocked during any kind of graphics i/o and
there have been discussions to simply remove it in order to speed the
freerunner up.