Let us impact the material world

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:53:58 CEST 2008

On 2008-06-27, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean at openmoko.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Whenever I talk publicly about Openmoko, or so it seems, the following
> question is asked: How can you compete again the giants of this
> industry? For most of us, I'd like to think, the answer is obvious.
> Instead of answering, I usually return their question: How can they
> compete against us?
[snap]

You really know how to express yourself:)

I cannot see how other phone companies can be compared.
What I like so much about Openmoko, is that I am a part of it - that
it is (also) my project.

Openmoko will have success because they work very much for it.
The community will help making the software and come up with
ideas (by nagging or "spamming the mailing list" :) and you will
take the best ideas and make them real.

Keep making attractive hardware and the community will grow
and make the software needed:)

I hope Openmoko will be big enough to be able to "force" the
hardware manufactures into GPL. Maybe they realize that GPL
is not that bad, and that propritary drivers is far more expensive
(in support for all their customers).

We are all living on the same dream: the freedom to use the
hardware we own in the way we want. Openmoko is making
that dream come true.